Policy & Programs Division (PnP)
Policy and Programs is responsible for providing and updating VA’s real property policy, managing the Lease Certification Program (LCP) and Lease Contracting Officer (LCO) warrants, managing the CHIP-IN program, managing the appraisal program, and conducting real estate investment analysis. This division develops and updates policy and guidance for VA’s real estate activities for the Department. This section also manages VA’s Lease program, including providing guidance, conducting internal reviews, and conducting lease training.
- Develops VA’s enterprise-wide real estate policies and guidance
- Manages VA’s LCP and LCO warrants, including evaluating warrant and certification requests; ensuring appropriate training; and obtaining warrant signatures by VA’s Appointing Official.
- Manages VA’s CHIP-IN program, including providing policy and managing the initiation of new pilot projects.
- Conducts appraisals for leases and land initiatives.
- Develops sharing of space tools, such as Sharing Guidebook and legislative proposals to support needed changes to VA’s authorities.
- Manages VA’s Lease Program, including activities for Lease Head of Contracting Activities (HCA); providing guidance, including distributing GSA’s Leasing Alerts; conducting lease reviews to ensure compliance with warrant thresholds and prospectus level; and conducting lease training for identified gaps.
- Conducts real estate investment analyses, such as Hilo, HI’s and Norman, OK’s initiatives.
Please send questions about real property policies or this page to CFM ORP, Policy and Programs Division.
Please click on each program within ORP Policy and Programs Division Organizational Chart below to learn more about their functions.