Land Management Division
Land Management Division (LMD) oversees administration of land management and disposals for the Department, primarily for NCA and VHA. Support includes granting easements; executing intra-agency land exchanges, permits, licenses, and out-leasing; property disposals (both entire campuses and individual buildings); the Historic Reuse Program (HRP); and ordering surveys and title work. LMD solves land use issues such as taxes, easement vacations, and deed corrections and releases. LMD also ensures compliance on all land transactions as required by the NEPA and NHPA.
- LMD manages the Real Property Project Tracking System (RPPTS) for land initiatives.
- LMD executes NCA’s, VBA’s and VHA’s outleases.
- LMD executes easement grants needed for VA’s properties.
- LMD executes permits to support approved capital initiatives for VHA, NCA and VBA.
- Real Property Disposals and HRP- Land and buildings no longer needed to carry out the mission of VA are disposed of in many possible ways, and LMD executes the disposal process. Additionally, LMD executes HRP to find other uses for buildings no longer needed, preserving each building’s historic value by finding a tenant who will perform maintenance and upkeep for up to 99 years.
- LMD handles all land rights issues on VA-owned land